1. Access the www.gst.gov.in URL. The GST Home page is displayed.
2. Login the GST Portal with valid credentials.
3. Click the Services > Registration > Stock Intimation for opting Composition Levy link.
NOTE: the choice to file “Stock Intimation for Opting Composition Levy” form won't be available if this type has been filed once for an equivalent fiscal year by an equivalent GSTIN.
4. Click the DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE button to download the template to fill the stock details.
5. Click the press here to download link.
6. Unzip the downloaded file and open the excel sheet.
7. Click the Enable Content button.
8. Enter the GSTIN.
9. Click the Insert Rows button to insert the row.
10. Enter the amount of rows to insert and click on the OK button.
11. Enter details of stock of purchases made up of registered and unregistered person.
NOTE: Invoice dates should be before 1st July 2017.
12. Once all details are entered, click the Validate button.
In case of Error:
Error message is displayed. Rectify the errors and click on the Validate button.
13. a hit message is displayed. Click the OK button.
14. Click the Generate File to Upload button to make the json file to upload on the GST Portal.
15. a hit message is displayed that JSON file is made on desktop. Click the OK button.
16. Login to the GST Portal again and click on the Services > Registration > Stock Intimation for opting Composition Levy link.
17. Click the Choose File button to navigate the JSON file.
18. Select the file and click on the Open button.
19. Click the UPLOAD & NAVIGATE button.
A success message is displayed.
On uploading the small print of invoices, Tax Payable on the stock are going to be calculated.
In case of NIL or negative figure, an equivalent are going to be ignored.
In case, of positive figure, you would like to form the payment before submission of form.
NOTE: just in case you've got NOT updated any invoice details, a message are going to be displayed, “No invoice details are added, are you sure you would like to still proceed”. However, you won’t be stopped to submit the appliance in such a case.
20. you'll click the VIEW BALANCE IN CASH LEDGER button to understand your cash balance.
Click the OK button.
The balance in Electronic Cash Ledger must be quite or adequate to the balances shown in sum of amounts entered in Section 8 - Stock of purchases made up of Unregistered Person under the prevailing law, (VAT + Central Excise + Service Tax) (If applicable).
In case of NIL figure, an equivalent are going to be ignored and no payment is to be made.
If the balance isn't sufficient to form the payment of liability, you'll save the intimation at this stage and make the payment by using payment functionality.
21. If there's sufficient balance within the Electronic Cash Ledger, plow ahead and click on the UPDATE LEDGER BALANCE button to update the ledger balance.
The system will create a requirement in Electronic liabilities Ledger as per sum of amounts mentioned in Section 8 - Stock of purchases made up of Unregistered Person under the prevailing law, VAT + Central Excise + Service Tax (If applicable)) and utilize cash for an equivalent amount for payment of tax from the Electronic Cash Ledger.
Debit Entry Number are going to be generated and updated along side amount Debited in Section 9 - Detail of tax paid.
A success message is displayed.
21.Select the Verification checkbox.
22. within the Name of Authorized Signatory drop-down list, select the name of authorized signatory.
23. within the Place field, enter the place where the shape is filed.
24. Click the SUBMIT WITH EVC or SUBMIT WITH DSC button.
In Case of DSC:
a. Click the SUBMIT WITH DSC button.
b. Click the PROCEED button.
c. Select the certificate and click on the SIGN button.
In Case of EVC:
a. Click the SUBMIT WITH EVC button.
b. Enter the OTP sent to email and mobile number of the Authorized Signatory registered at the GST Portal and click on the VALIDATE OTP button.
The success message is displayed. Application Reference Number (ARN) receipt is shipped on your e-mail address and mobile number.
The application to choose Composition Levy is auto approved.