The data in GST ANX-2 is majorly auto-populated from the info uploaded by the supplier in his/her Form GST ANX-1, GSTR-5 and GSTR-6. The recipient is required to require action of Accept/ Reject/ keep Pending on the documents in his /her GST ANX-2.
Taxpayers may use the New Return Offline Tool to look at or take action in details of Form GST ANX-2, as downloaded from the GST Portal, after importing it within the New Return Offline Tool.
Once Form GST ANX-2 is ready using offline Tool, it are often uploaded on the GST Portal by creating a JSON file. To upload the generat JSON file from the New Return Offline Tool on the GST Portal, following steps as indicated below maybe undertaken.
1. Upload the generated GST ANX-2 JSON file
To upload the generat GST ANX-2 JSON file from the New Return Offline Tool on the GST Portal:
1. Login to the GST Portal. Navigate to be Services > Returns > New Return (Trial).
2. Select fiscal year , Return Filing Period, Form/Return (as GST ANX-2: Annexure of inward supplies) and Preparation Mode (as Upload/Download JSON) from the drop-down list. Click PROCEED.
3. Click the Choose Files button available within the Upload Tab.
4. Browse and navigate to the JSON file, generated from the New Return Offline Tool after taking actions, for upload from your computer.
5. a hit message in green text box appears, confirming the successful upload and asking you to attend while the GST Portal validates the uploaded data.
6. just in case the JSON file isn't processed successfully after upload, the Status will show Processed with Error and a link are going to be provided within the Error Report column to download the error JSON file and import it within the New Return Offline Tool and to form corrections in it. Error on report will only contain the records with errors.
7. Next, click the Proceed to ANX2 button and navigate to the GST ANX-2 Dashboard page. From there, you'll select the relevant table and consider the actions that were taken within the New Return Offline Tool and as uploaded on the GST portal.
2. Download the small print in Form GST ANX-2 for taking Actions
To download the small print auto-drafted in Form GST ANX-2 from the GST Portal, in order that an equivalent are often opened within the New Return offline Tool, for viewing or taking actions on such records, follow steps as given below:
1. Under the Download tab, click the GENERATE JSON FILE TO DOWNLOAD button to download the small print of all tables in one go. Or else, select the precise table from the drop-down list and Uploaded From and Uploaded Till date range to download the precise details uploaded during the chosen period.
2. A confirmation message is displayed and therefore the JSON file is downloaded. The JSON file is downloaded under Downloads folder of your computer.
3. you'll use the New Return Offline tool to import the downloaded JSON file with details as auto-drafted in GST ANX-2. For detail instructions, ask Offline manual, available at link -> https://tutorial.gst.gov.in/downloads/newgstreturnofflinebeta.pdf
4. Alternatively, you'll also click PROCEED TO ANX-2 to require actions in Form GST ANX-2. From there, you'll select the relevant table and take actions of accept, reject or keep pending.